Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back With A Plan

I love my barn. Our whole group is just fantastic. Case in point: a barn meeting this past Sunday evening. We all got together to plan our our schooling and show schedules, set goals for the different levels of riders, and share a wonderful meal socializing with each other. It was fun and productive - my two favorite states of being! I feel most empowered when I have a plan of action, and now I'm feeling much better about my eventing path.

So, here goes: mine and Spirit's plan for the next few months!

Saturday April 23 - Ram Tap Schooling, Fresno (I'm not sure if I'll go. We haven't jumped in weeks...)
Sunday May 1 - Shepherd Ranch Schooling, Santa Ynez
Saturday June 4 - Derby @ El Sueno, Somis
Sunday June 5 - Hunter/Jumper day show @ El Sueno, Somis, Derby @ Meadows of Moorpark, Moorpark
Fri, Sat, Sun, June 24, 25, 26 - Shepherd Ranch Horse Trials! Santa Ynez
Saturday July 9 - Dressage show @ Classic Equestrian Center, Moorpark
Saturday or Sunday August 13 or 14 - Twin Rivers Schooling, Paso Robles
Fri, Sat, Sun, August 26, 27, 28 - Shepherd Ranch Horse Trials! Santa Ynez
Fri, Sat, Sun, September 23, 24, 25 - Twin Rivers Horse Trials! Paso Robles

The two horse trials in bold are what I'm really gunning for. I'm not sure if we'll do everything on this list, and there are certainly some other clinics and schoolings and schooling shows we can do. But at least it's something to get on paper and have us strive towards. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment