Childhood Bucket List
When I was younger and doing saddle seat, my ultimate goal was to compete at the American Saddlebred Horse Association (ASHA) World's Championship Horse Show which takes place at the Kentucky State Fair every year in Louisville, KY. This is the penultimate Saddlebred competition in the world. I had the privilege to attend and watch some years back with my mom, and it is by far the biggest and coolest horse show I've ever been to. Here's a video giving you a glimpse of the excitement of stake night:
To be honest I don't know if showing there is still something that is on my life's list or not. I love saddlebreds and I can still appreciate many aspects of saddleseat, but clearly my horsey life has taken a different direction.
|Debbie Rosen & The Alchemyst at Rolex|
Travel & Experiences
1. Go to Kentucky to watch the Rolex 3 Day Event live in person!
2. Take a full-fledged horsey vacation - pack riding through the rocky mountains, or a dressage intensive in Europe, or the Irish bed-and-breakfast rides.
3. Shop for a horse (all my horses have come to me in one way or another - I've never actually shopped for my own horse before).
4. Own a foal, and raise it.
Training & Showing
1. Compete at Twin Rivers in Paso Robles. A lovely facility.
|Twin Rivers Ranch|
3. Finish a HT on my dressage score.
4. Finish a HT on a good dressage score.
5. Compete a full or partial saddlebred in eventing.