1. dish face or roman nose? why?
No thanks on either.
2. mares or geldings? why?
Both! I've only owned geldings but I've been auntie to mares and love 'em too!
3. Do you think warmbloods are over-rated?
No, I'd certainly be open to having one.
4. Describe your dream horse.
Dark liver chestnut with flaxen mane and tale. Willing, athletic, young. Refined, snuggly.
5. What kind of bit do you use and why?
French-link snaffles because they are very soft in the horse's mouth. My jumping bit is an eggbut with copper metal blend that horses love the taste of. Dressage is a D-ring, sterling silver, for a tad more lateral leverage (D-ring wasn't available in mixed metal. someone needs to invent that).
6. Stock horses or sport horses?
7. Favorite horse color?
8. Least favorite horse color?
9. Dressage or Jumping?
10. Favorite stock horse breed?
11. Favorite Hot-blooded breed?
American Saddlebred....with Thoroughbred as a second.
12. Favorite cold-blooded breed?
Friesian. They sure are pretty.
13. Dapple grey or Fleabitten grey?
14. Most expensive piece of tack you own?
Stubben Roxanne saddle. (Worth every penny!)
15. When did you start riding?
6 years old. I was in 1st grade.
16. Leather or Nylon halters?
Leather for safety.
17. Apples or Carrots?
Carrots...Hemie hasn't quite caught on to apples...
18. Chestnut or bay?
19. Palomino or Buckskin?
Palomino. (<3 miss you Storm!)
20. Lazy horse or Hot horse?
21. Have you ever been trail riding?
Oh yes. Love trails.
22. Have you ever had to put down a horse that you loved?
23. How many saddlepads do you have?
10, give or take.
24. How many bridles do you have?
25. Favorite saddle brand?
Uh...well I ride in a Stubben...so I guess I'll go with that.
26. Beige or White Breeches?
Beige. White is not flattering.
27. Least favorite discipline?
Tough one, since I love riding every which way. Maybe bronc riding since that is not partnership based.
28. Do you own a horse?
29. Do you collect breyer horses?
No, but that brings back great memories.
30. Favorite color of saddle pad?
31.Private barn or Boarding stable?
Private barn...in my dream home/property/farm. I've always had horses and boarding stables.
32. Opinion on spoiled riders?
Spoiled people can be annoying to deal with, but secretly I'm jealous of their cute stuff.
|Myself aboard Miss Paint in Santa Barbara, CA. |
Don't worry, I now use a helmet.
Well, the one time I rode sans any tack at all I was promptly tossed off! Since then I ride with at least a rope around the neck. I ride bareback all the time.
34. Have you ever stood up on a horse?
Maybe when I was a kid. Seems dangerous now!
35. Overo, Tobiano, or Tovero?
There's lovely examples of all 3, hard to choose a favorite. Probably tobiano.
36. Favorite face markings(s)?
No face marking, or small symmetrical markings. I don't care for medicine cap.
37. Why you started riding?
I wanted to since I was born.
38. Does anyone in your family ride?
Only my husband when I force him to once a year or so.
39. Have you ever owned a horse?
Currently do and have in the past.
40. Something you want to improve on?
Everything for riding effectively for dressage and jumping! Right now working on leg position.
41. A bad habit you have?
42. A bad habit your horse has?
Getting stuck and going up-and-down instead of forward. Also, not bending right.
43. How high have you jumped?
44. Have you ever had a dressage lesson?
Weekly, in fact.
45. What really makes your horse spook?
Horse-eating infants in neon colored onesies.
46. Trail riding or ring work?
47. Indoor or Outdoor arena?
Oh if only there were more indoors in So Cal...
48. Colorful or plain saddle pads?
Ironically I own mostly colorful, but nowadays I like the more plain ones.
49. Do you like horses with blue eyes?
Yep - they're lucky! Especially with "eyeliner" black markings.
50. Have you ever gotten into a fight with your trainer?
Define fight. But I'd say no.
51. Light bay or Dark bay horses?
I vote blood bay, since that's what Hemie is!
52. What is your equestrian dream?
Finish a 3-part horse trial on my (good) dressage score.
53. Long mane or Pulled mane?
Depends on the horse!
|Excellent barn lights at Castle Rock Farms!|
55. Least favorite thing about your barn?
They close the rings at any miniscule chance of rain.
56. Favorite thing about your barn?
Lights! I can see!
57. Have you ever ridden a stallion?
A few times, under trainer supervision. My favorite was the lovely Harvest Commander aka Gem, when I was about 12.
58. socks or no socks on a horse?
59. Favorite horse names?
Welcome Challenge was my first horse's registered name, and it's still one of my favorites. Other than that, I like names that reference the color blue and sports-car/motorcycle names.
60. If you could ride any horse in the world, which one would it be? why?
Hmmm. Tough question. I'm thinking one of these three:
A) Cuna - He's a cool cat who has been there, done that, safe dependable, and so cute!
B) Henny - Run Henny Run! Love watching their helmet cams, would love to tackle a (smaller) course on him.
C) Casey's Final Countdown - Would love to rack on this handsome boy!
|WGC CH SV Casey's Final Countdown|
5-gaited ASB, 2007 World's Grand Champion
ridden by Michelle Macfarlane