Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Wishing everyone and happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday!!


Please allow me to share the traditional Thanksgiving Prayer from Dear Abby:

Oh, Heavenly Father,
We thank Thee for food and remember the hungry.
We thank Thee for health and remember the sick.

We thank Thee for friends and remember the friendless.

We thank Thee for freedom and remember the enslaved.

May these remembrances stir us to service,

That Thy gifts to us may be used for others.

Amen.





And a horsey Thanksgiving poem from yours truly:

I give thanks

for nickering sounds as I walk down the aisle

for the soft blow of air onto my neck

for the warmth and softness of his coat on my face

for the silky mane sliding through my fingers

for big horsey hugs.



Day 28 - I'm thankful for holiday gatherings and traditions.



2 comments: