Monday, August 27, 2012

Rider Fitness: Week 1 - Accountability Challenge

Today is the official start of the 5 Week Accountability Challenge! The challenge is open to anyone - get all the details here on what's involved!

Time to send me your 5-week diet and exercise plan as well as your reward for yourself. My email is SarahERune "at" Gmail.com or you can post in the comments. Remember, make it challenging (it's called a challenge for a reason!) but also something you can realistically do for 5 weeks. No sense in setting yourself up for failure and guilt.

ryan gosling hey girl - Hey girl you can do this

Week 1 Bonus Challenge
Your extra mission, should you choose to accept it, is to do a type of exercise that you don't do regularly at least once this week. You can add this to your exercise plan, or sub it for a workout. Youtube has tons of random workout videos. Local exercise establishments often do a "free" sample workout (I recently tried out Kenpo karate from a self defense studio). Here's some ideas:
  • Swimming
  • Zumba
  • Roller Blading
  • Yoga
  • CoreFit
  • Martial Arts
  • Hula Hoop
  • Cartwheels/Handstands
  • Monkeybars at the playground
  • Dancing


Okay, here is my plan so you can help keep me accountable.

Diet:  Follow South Beach Diet, Phase 2, for at least 6 days a week.
Exercise:  In addition to riding, exercise at least 4 days week for at least 15 minutes.
Reward:  A Jimmy Wofford book.

From a lifetime of dieting with both successes and setbacks, I have a few strategies I plan on using to help me follow this plan for a solid 5 weeks. I plan on weighing myself several times a week, as this helps keep me focused. I'll be writing all food and exercise down in my journal, and planning out my food 2 days in advance wherever possible. I am creating a list of "allowed" fast food meals, because convenience (and lack of time for cooking every night) has been my downfall in the past, especially when driving home hungry after a ride. Healthy take-out restaurants are getting programmed into my phone.

GOOD LUCK to everyone who is joining me on this challenge!  And when you're tempted to grab that doughnut from the office break-room, just think of...

Eventing Armband
Fancy Bookmark*
*Note: actual bookmarks will attempt to be fancier than the clipart pictured.

2 comments: