Saturday, October 20, 2012

Bareback!

What a wonderful Saturday! Horses in the morning, housewarming party (mine) in the afternoon. Success all around.

I got up extra early to go see Hemie. It rained last night and was drizzling this morning. I didn't know how wet the barn was going to be, but since we've got the schooling show tomorrow I knew I'd need to groom him anyway.

It was a beautiful morning - a light misting of rain with grey foggy clouds hugging the hills. It had rained just enough to make the footing nice. The ranch hand was just finishing dragging it as I pulled in. Laurie was gone so no lesson, but I rode with two gals from the barn and we had a fun time. Under their watch Hemie and I did a bunch of jumps and had a great ride. After we had gone around a bit, I decided to take off his saddle and you know what happened next...

Our first bareback ride!

Hemie was perfect. No issues when I mounted. Totally relaxed and calm. We only walked around while the other gals finished their rides, but he was very good about still listening to seat and leg even though they must have sounded different or louder than usual.

After the other gals wrapped up, Hemie and Pixie got turned out in the arena together. They ran around for like 5 seconds and spend the remaining 20+ minutes trimming the trees.  Allow me to present their cuteness (Hemie's on the right):







No comments:

Post a Comment