This year I'm going to do quarterly goals and check-ins to make sure I'm on track for our 2014 goals. So now through the end of March I'm going to:
- Work on improving our free walk. It counts for double in our dressage tests!
- Focus on hind end engagement/tracking hind legs up.
- Work on making canter cue more subtle (more body and seat, less leg).
I've signed up for the Galway Downs Annual Fundraiser Clinic in 2 weeks down in Temecula. It will count double towards my annual goals, as it will be XC schooling at a new venue as well as as riding with a clinician: the fabulous Hawley Bennett-Awad, Olympian and west coast eventing superstar. I've heard great things about riding with her so I look forward to our XC and stadium lessons.
As to my non-horsey goals, this quarter I'll:
- Put a good dent in garage organizing.
- Start including weight training regularly in my workouts.
- When eating out, take half the food home (ie, reduce portion size).
- Check in on horsey spending at least once per month.
- Prepare birthday cards at the beginning of each month and make sure all birthdays are on my master calendar.