Hemie and I are wishing you a safe and fun Halloween!
Today is both mine and my hubby's birthdays, so we'll be having an extra fun day!
Now for October's 10 Questions from Viva Carlos!
1. How many pairs of breeches/jods do you own? Around 10.
2. How many horses have you ridden? More than 20, less than 100.
3. How many trainers have you had? 3: 1 as a child, learning the basics and doing saddleseat, and 2 as an adult learning eventing.
4. How many barns have you ridden at? About 10. Sounds like a lot, but I was at each place for a good chunk of time, and includes barns from where I grew up in Canyon Country to where I went to college in Santa Barbara, to Malibu to Moorpark and beyond!
5. What is the name of the horse you consider yourself to have the greatest bond with? Bo.
6. What is your favorite show name you've ever encountered? Sky Watch and Imperator. 2 amazing saddlebred show horses that went head-to-head for many years, both with powerful names. I also really love my horse Bo's show name: Welcome Challenge.
7. What do you consider your greatest weakness or flaw in riding? Equitation skillz.
8. What do you consider to be your greatest strength? Natural feel and confidence. They get me through a lot!
9. Have you ever leased a horse? Kinda. I had a mutually beneficial arrangement whereby I rode and cared for a beautiful young horse as if she was mine, but her owners paid for board and vet while I paid for lessons (aka training). We split show fees too. That was the deal of the century...
10. What is the name of the first horse you rode? I'm sure I had pony rides, but my first lesson was on a pony named Willoughby. The first horse I rode regularly and bonded with was named Wings. He was a sweet, safe older gelding with lovely flowing tail, and I *luffed* him in the way only horse-crazy 6-year-olds can.