Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bareback - round 2

I had another bareback halter ride on Spirit last night, and we both had a wonderful time. I still used the trusty polo wrap around her neck. We did a lot more trot work this time - I think it helps me with my dressage sitting trot since I need to soften my back and move more rhythmically with Spirit's motion. Of course, we did plenty of canter and worked on neck-reigning, slowing and speeding up and the canter (going on and getting off the forehand), and maintaining a slow, even trot for extended periods of time. Spirit likes to TROT, so we worked on trot. Its getting lovely.

I was surprised to find myself looking over at the jumps and daydream about taking a (very) small crossrail. The rational part of my brain says I need a few more than 2 bareback rides before I attempt it though. And maybe I should actually wear my helmet and safety vest. We trotted over poles and worked on side passes to get my mind off it.

I have a lesson on Thursday which I am looking forward to. I look forward to every lesson, actually. Such a nice feeling. :)  And this weekend we have the St. Jude's Trail Ride with our Paint Club. However, we still haven't gotten trailering 100% worked out so we'll see. We also have the option to school at Twin Rivers with my barn, but I already committed to St. Jude's so I don't know quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment