Monday, March 12, 2012

And on that note...

This past Saturday's lesson was my last one for the next several weeks, as I'm getting married on the 17th then going on a 2 week honeymoon! Yay! As far as last-lesson-for-a-while goes, I couldn't have asked for better.

Spirit and I had a productive and fun Saturday afternoon. She warmed up like a dream (I really do credit turning her out the evening before), and she was responsive yet energetic. We had a brief butt-kicking when she decided she'd rather spook at some chairs rather than respect my aids - it involved Laurie taking my whip and using it while I used both hands. LOL - good thing I have a trainer since I don't have 3 arms!

Anyway, we got over that hurdle and I felt better about the clarity of my aids. I was able to put into practice some of the concepts handsome Elton helped me work on: specifically, not asking for connection until she is moving forward and under herself, and trying to get real versus fake connection. Our upwards to canter were improved as well.

The jumping exercise Laurie set up was awesome: 3 jumps, "bounce" distance apart. Jump-Bounce-Bounce. =D We had lovely upward transitions that came from real impulsion rather than speed, and I really focused on my shoulder position especially when circling. She was very forward, so my arms were sore the next day! But all in all, I'm very pleased to end (for a little while) on that note.


1 comment: