Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Over Fences!

On Saturday I got to ride Justin again, and jumped for the first time since the fall.

I was a nervous starting off, but Justin took care of me and we did several jumps at my normal height (2'3" - 2'6"). To be honest, I was less of a rider and more of a passenger, but it was fun and safe and next time I'm sure I'll be a more proactive rider.



Speaking of jumps, here are the photos from the clinic in January.  It's taken me a long time to post because I'm still pretty emotional about everything. But this blog is an honest account of my journey. And even though the clinic didn't go well (and ended horribly), there were some good moments. In fact most of the pictures are surprisingly nice.


Day 1







Deb Rosen and her famous smile!

Note loopy reins






Day 2










10 comments:

  1. You're right, these pictures are GREAT! Thanks for posting them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pictures - and it's great that you were able to get on and jump around happily with Justin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs for facing your fears so early on! You are a badass!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that you had a nice jump lesson. Even if you needed to be a passenger this ride, it's a step that you have to take. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! And good for you for jumping around! I'm just now getting comfortable jumping again after my concussion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos! You are really brave jumping so soon! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pics! I want to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab pictures for sure!! Glad you shared them :)

    Happy to hear you have a fun/safe horse to ride and keep jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pictures are great! I'm glad you got to jump again and that things are progressing well. :)

    ReplyDelete