Thanks to L. Williams of Viva Carlos and Rinsie of Nanakorobi yaoki!!
Horse Girl Survey
Splurge or save:
1. saddle: Splurge. At least I'm trying to! I've had it with cheap @$$ saddles!
2. board: Save. This is a recurring expense, so make sure it meets your needs but isn't costing a fortune!
3. halter: Save.
4. bit: Splurge. Makes a world of difference if your horse likes the bit or not. Metals matter.
5. bridle: Save.
6. saddle pad: Save.
7. trailer: Save - just pay someone else to haul!
First thing that comes to mind:
1. Haflinger: Looks fuzzy and cute, but can be crazy!
2. Quarter Horse: Brodie - the amazing eventer! Their awesome YouTube video here
3. Thoroughbred: Bohemian - my wonderful horse =)
4. Warmblood: Pixie Dust, Bohemian's girlfriend. Round and sound!
5. Welsh Cob: I fell off a Welsh Cob while in Wales many years ago. Fond memories...
This or That:
2. tall or short: I'm short. But I look good on tall horses.
3. trail ride or beach ride: Beach ride.
4. long mane or short mane: Long. Or completely roached.
5. hunters or jumpers: Jumpers. What do those hunter class names even mean?
6. XC or barrel racing: XC.
7. outdoor arena or indoor arena: Indoor indoor indoor. Oh wait, we don't really have those in Southern California. I've ridden in them twice in my life.
8. trot or canter: Canter
9. canter or gallop: Gallop
10. paddock boots, tall boots, or cowboy boots: Paddock boots.
11. horse shoes or barefoot: Barefood (that's the goal, at least)
12. saddle or bareback: Bareback.
1. How long have you been riding? 20 years. Since I was 6 years old.
2. Do you own or lease a horse? Own.
3. Breed? Age? Height? Name? Thoroughbred. 7 years. 16-something hands. Bohemian or "Hemie."
4. Do you have any other pets? 2 dogs - a Schnauzer/Terrier mix and a mini German Shepherd.
5. If your horse was a person, what kind of voice would he have (you can use a celebrity for an example)? I don't have time to google celebrities to figure out who would match him. Someone easy-going but very athletic. Someone who is no-drama, and wants to be your friend.
6. Does your horse have a “color”? If so, what is it, and what do you have in that color? Most of my stuff is pink, but that is because (a) its easier for things to not get lost or borrowed, and (b) that was my eventing color on my previous mount (a mare). So for Hemie I'm thinking Black and White or Black and Silver. Thoughts?
7. Does your horse do any tricks? Working on it.
8. Have you ever dressed your horse up for Halloween? No but I really want to...
1. Breed? American Saddlebred. But TB is creeping up!
2. Discipline? Eventing!
3. Coat color? Liver with flaxen mane and tail.
4. Famous horse? Skywatch.
5. Horse race/competition? Rolex.
6. Brand of tack? Stubben. In my dreams.
7. Thing to do with your horse? Learn to event!