Tuesday, May 24, 2011

That Darn Virus...

So, out here on the lovely west coast, there's a scare going on regarding EHV-1, the equine herpes virus that has resulted in horses getting put down. I've been checking California Horsetrader's News page regularly. Spirit and I were going to attend a trail ride to benefit St. Jude's Children's Hospital, but it cancelled due to the outbreak. To boot, the derby we signed up for was cancelled, but due to the organizers. I seriously, seriously hope that the Shepherd Ranch Horse Trials stay up and open and all of that.

On a more positive note, Spirit turned 6 years old on May 15th! Here's a picture of her birthday treat:
Bran, salt, cinnamon, treats, and carrots. =) I don't quite think it measures up to last years' apple-molasses cake with carrot candles, but luckily she's a horse and I know she doesn't hold it against me!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SPIRIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment