Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Video: awesome learning tool

So here it is: a YouTube Video of the schooling from May 1st schooling at Shepherd Ranch in Santa Ynez. My close friend Jess and her horse Storm are first - Spirit and I come in about halfway. I've watched this about 4 or 5 times so far and I'm still cringing. I can see the refusals a mile away. How could I not have felt them? Was I too nervous to sit up and ride? Well, I'll get a second chance this coming Saturday - we'll be schooling again at Shepherd and I plan on being SUPPORTIVE! I love my horse, and she is so game, but that doesn't mean I can just sit back and let her do all the work. For the first year or so she was like Storm - green but excited and willing to jump over anything just because. But now she is older and wiser and ain't gonna do it unless I do my part too.

No comments:

Post a Comment