Friday, December 13, 2013

5 Day Challenge - Day 2

Alas, another week has flown by without much on the blogging front. The days really do seem shorter in winter, don't they?

Well, first I want to thank Aimee of SprinklerBandits for featuring Hemie and I today in her Ammy Hour post series. You can check out the post here. Her blog is one of my long-time favorites and helped inspire me to create Eventing In Color.

Tonight I have the pleasure to hang out with Karen of Bakersfield Dressage who is coming to my neck of the woods for a clinic, which I hope to audit tomorrow morning. I love bloggy girlfriend get-togethers!

And now onto Day 2 of Fly On Over's 5 Day Challenge!

#6. Favorite Equestrian Book & Movie


Movie would be National Velvet. Just the best movie ever of all time period.

Book, I'm gonna have to agree with Tracy and go with the Thoroughbred series, which I read lots of when I was a kid (kind of ironic since I grew up doing Saddleseat on American Saddlebreds - I had no actual interaction with Thoroughbreds until I was an adult, and now I have my own OTTB).






#7. Most Common Riding Misconception 
That you need to stick with your discipline. Branching out on occasion is fun and healthy for you and your horse! Try trails, cows, jumping, dressage, bareback, clicker training, obstacles, endurance. There's so much we can do with our horses.


#8. 2 riding strengths and 1 riding weakness
Strength #1: excellent seat.
Strength #2: natural feel.
Weakness: lower leg needs improvement.


#9. Least favorite thing about horses and/or riding.
That quality boarding and shows are so expensive in my area.


#10. What do you feed your horse?
Morning: 1 flake alfalfa, 1 flake oat hay
Noon: 1 flake alfalfa
Evening: 1 flake alfalfa, 1 flake oat hay
When I ride: bucket of beet pulp, rice bran, and CA Trace mineral supplement



1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with #7: trying different things is part of the journey and really can make you a better rider.

    ReplyDelete