Friday, October 24, 2014

SFTS Blog Hop: That 1 Thing


Stories From The Saddle wants to know...

First, I wanna know: what is the ONE piece of tack (or clothing) that you simply cannot live without? Put function aside for a moment and try to decide which piece of your tack ho collection is your favorite. It can be anything for you, or for your horse.

Second, I'd like to know what you're currently saving up for or lusting after. Basically, what item do you have your eyes set on right now? If someone handed you enough money, what would be the first thing to buy on your list?



The one thing I can't live without is my long-sleeve white temp-reducing shirt. It has saved me from overheating and bad tan lines all season, and is nice enough to show in when jackets are waived.


The one thing I'm lusting after is a Back on Track saddle pad. I think the most I've ever spent on a saddle pad is $20 so I'm having a hard time with the $85 price tag, even though I know it has magical properties.

Image from BackonTrack website

4 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better I've had my oldest BoT for 5 years. That's like $17/yr :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that shirt! I recently acquired a bot saddle pad to use through the winter months and so far we both love it. It is pricey so I understand your hesitation as I was going through the same thing! No regrets so far though….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shirt! I think everyone at my barn (except me! Wahh) has one. They are so nice.

    The BoT pads are amazing, worth the $$. Sometimes they go on crazy sale! Hunt around the internet and you can sometimes find stuff for, like, 30-50% off. I bought mine 30% off for my cold-backed guy and it was totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete