Q1 Review & Q2 Goals
Q2 Review & Q3 Goals
Q3 Review & Q4 Goals
October-November-December/Q4 2014 Goals ReviewHorsey
- XC school at a new venue. - Done! We went to Tugger X ranch (recap and video here).
- Participate in a clinic or get a lesson from another trainer. - Didn't happen.
- Continue to focus on relaxation and Hemie's enjoyment of flatwork. - Yes! It's been a high priority.
- Continue with healthy choices for weight loss. - Yes! I've been losing weight even with the holiday celebrations so far. I'll post about how I'm doing it sometime.
- Get my act together with remembering people's birthdays. - Meh...mostly fail. I've been good about checking FB regularly and sending birthday wishes online though.
2014 Annual Goals Review
This year I had many more goals than in the past several years. I like to have a balance of goals that are action-based and results-based (so that I can check things off the list even if we don't get the results I'd like) and this year that proved to be a smart strategy.
XC school at 2 new venues - Done! We schooled at Galway Downs in January and Tugger X in November.
Show at 2 new venues - Done! We competed at Galway Downs February and White Birch in March.
Participate in 4 clinics and/or lessons with other trainers - Mostly done! I did 3 instead of 4: clinic'd with Hawley Bennett-Awad in January, Dr. Christian Schacht in February, Chemaine Hurtado in October.
|Galway XC Clinic Jan 2014 with Hawley Bennett-Awad|
Improve our dressage scores from 2013 - Done! Not a huge improvement, and there's the eternal debate of schooling show scoring vs rated show scoring...but at the end of the day I think we have a better time in the sandbox now.
Become 100% solid at Beginner Novice - Not done. I've come to realize that I wont feel 100% solid at BN until we've gotten through at least 1 or 2 (maybe more) registered HTs where I feel very positive in our performance and we finish at least half-way in the division.
Set and review specific goals each quarter - Done! It was helpful in some ways, needs improvement in others.
I'm happy to report that I achieved my blogging goals, which included having more photos/art/visual interest in posts, regular design updates (header, etc), overall streamlining and beautification, and pretty consistent posting.
I also did okay with my personal goals. Horsey budget & expense tracking was better this year than past years, but wasn't detailed or consistent enough. I am most of the way to my weight loss goal, so that is good. The garage got organized, and all moving boxes finally unpacked (from moving in 2 years ago!). Remembering birthdays was hit and miss throughout the year.
All in all I'm proud to have accomplished most of what I set out to do in 2014, and look forward to setting out some new goals for next year!